The enabling accessibility fund 2012
I would like to inform you about a new program that our government has recently announced that may be of interest to your organization.
The Enabling Accessibility Fund 2012 is intended to support small projects that improve access to facilities, activities, and services to enable all Canadians to participate more fully in society.
The call for proposals was launched by Dr. Kellie Leitch, Parliamentary Secretary to the Honourable Diane Finley, Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development, on August 21, 2012.
Eligible organizations can submit applications until October 5, 2012, and can receive up to 50,000$ per project.
Eligible activities include:
- constructing an interior or exterior ramp
- installing wider doors or automated door openers
- raising or lowering sinks and/or counters
- improving lighting and increasing colour contrast
- building an accessible washroom
- installing accessible door handles and light switches
- installing an elevator or lift
- providing computer enhancements such as interactive speech technology
- installing a wheelchair lift to a community-based vehicle
- any other activities that contribute to creating or enhancing accessibility for people with disabilities and are deemed acceptable by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC).
For information on the application process, please visit www.hrsdc.gc.ca/disability.